For your convenience we accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Care Credit.
- Payment is expected at the time of service. Please speak with the receptionist if other arrangements are needed.
- As a courtesy we are happy to assist you in the filing of your insurance claims if you provide the requested information.
- Insurance contracts are between you and your insurance company. Any charges not covered or paid in full by your insurance company are your responsibility.
- Many plans state that you are covered “up to 80% or up to 100%”. In reality most plans cover 50 – 70% of an average total fee due to co-pays, deductibles and “usual and customary fees” set by the insurance company.
- Insurance companies may state that “fees are above the usual and customary fees”. “Usual and customary fees” are determined by the insurance company and do not necessarily represent what local doctors actually charge in the Midlands area.
- If benefits are assigned to our office we will wait a maximum of sixty (60) days for payment from the insurance company, following which the balance will be due in full.
- We require a percentage of the fee at the time of surgery when we are filing your insurance.
- If you prefer, we can file an “estimate of benefits” with your insurance company. This may take 4-6 weeks to be returned by your insurance company and is no guarantee by your insurance company of payment of benefits
- If your outstanding balance is transferred to our collections department or an outside agency, any previous discounts that were issued will be removed and added back to your account. In addition, any collection or legal fees accrued are your responsibility.